August 13, 2017

Sleepless in Seattle?

No, actually I got a ton of sleep in Seattle. Anyway, another trip of mine did not work out so I last minute planned to go to Seattle to visit a friend and thankfully she was able to accommodate me. She even helped me find a cheap flight! Also, Seattle is one of the cities that sells a city pass, which is a good bundle deal on the city's major sights. It includes the space needle (two admissions, one for day and one for night), Seattle Aquarium, an Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour, Museum of Pop Culture or Woodland Park Zoo, Chihuly Garden and Glass or Pacific Science Center.

Pike Place Market
The main market, it seems, of the city. It doesn't look that large at first but it sits on an incline so there are multiple floors. I even got to see the fish being thrown back and forth.





Gum Wall
A really intriguing but disgusting sight. It's a side street where everything is covered in chewed gum. I was afraid to get too close.


Olympic Sculpture Park
Nice walk with some interesting sculptures.






Chihuly Garden and Glass
I mentioned in an old post that I got to see a Chihuly feature in the botanic gardens in Atlanta. Chihuly is a famous glass sculpture who makes these large pieces and showcases them around the world. However, he is based in Seattle.



























Museum of Pop Culture, MoPOP
All about pop culture! They had a special feature on Star Trek. They also had exhibits on sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and video games. The video games area was literally a room with different platforms with different games you can play. On their third floor they had recording booths with various instruments or simply just a mic where you can record yourself. I really wish we had one of these in D.C.



















Well I think that's long enough for one post. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment