October 31, 2017

More of Queensland, Australia

Driving around the Brisbane area doesn't seem too bad, well as long as you can get used to driving on the other side of the road. I find my relatives impressive because the Philippines drives on the rights side like everyone else, but they got used to driving on the left side once they moved, but they are still able to go to other countries and drive on the right side. I'm not sure I'm capable of doing that. I drive terribly to begin with.

Mt. Coot-tha, Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Mt. Coot-tha is a very short drive from downtown. The top of the mountain allows for a great view of the city. Unfortunately, I have no pictures because they day I went was one of the foggiest and rainiest days. Actually it rained for many days while I was in Brisbane. I was really unlucky this time around. Anyway, the area also has a very large Botanic Garden that you can walk around. It also has a small planetarium. I do mean small. This Botanic Garden is very nice though.













Sanctuary Cove, Hope Island
This area is south of Brisbane closer towards the gold coast. It has a large golf course, large resorts, some privately owned homes, and a marina with a boardwalk. It's a very nice area and seems fun to hang out at.





Gold Coast
South of the city of Brisbane is the famous Gold Coast which has the well known Surfer's Paradise. It's about an hour or so drive from the city. The area of the Gold Coast is littered with waterways so it takes a few bridges to finally reach that outer island that is the beach. Sea World is there, which I didn't got this time but I did go back in 2007. I'm sure not much has changed. My family brought me to the Palazzo Versace there because it is just so posh. Then we walked alongside the beach and checked out the boardwalk of shops at Surfer's Paradise. It looks like this place has really expanded since I last visited.










 The Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is also in the Gold Coast. It is the most lavish mall I have probably ever seen. Not only is it large, it is really made for people to just hang out in. There are lots of seating areas with fun furniture. It has a large outdoor space with some small pools that kids can wade in and even lounge beds. I had fun just relaxing in this mall. I can see why my cousins like it here so much.













Like I mentioned before, I was very unlucky in that it rained for much of the time I was there. Like many warm places, most of the things to do in Brisbane is outdoors. Many of their malls and outlet stores are outdoors. One of the other places I would recommend but I didn't get to do is the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. I believe I did that one when I was younger. My memories from that long ago are so vague but I remember you got to touch so many animals. which was cool because most of these animals couldn't be found in the Philippines.

I will always go back to Brisbane so long as I have family there. Next time though, since I will already be in Queensland, I'd love to take a side trip to Cairns and maybe see what's left of the Great Barrier Reef. It would be great if all us cousins could go together!

No comments:

Post a Comment