October 21, 2017

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Darling Harbor
Honestly, Sydney has so many harbors. There is water everywhere. Anyway, Darling Harbor has a lot of fun things to do that are family friendly. Being a child at heart, I went to these anyway. Also, it's very windy in this harbor compared to Circular Quay, that I've noticed. The harbor also has a lot of nice restaurants. I included a pic of this back in an older post because they also participated in the Vivid Sydney display.


Sea Life Aquarium
It doesn't seem very large from the outside but it winds down multiple floors underneath the harbor. I wasn't expecting it to be as large as it was because it looks almost like just a single floor building from the outside. What makes it unique is the boat ride that takes you through a penguin sanctuary. I mean, who doesn't love penguins?








Wildlife Sydney Zoo
This was included in an all inclusive ticket that included the aquarium, madame Tussaud's, the Sydney tower eye, and another wildlife aquatic refuge of some sort outside of the city. It's not very large but I did get to see a lot of animals up close. It was cool being able to go under the glass underneath a saltwater crocodile.







Madame Tussaud's
Always fun in madame Tussaud's but it would be more fun if someone was there with me to take pictures. I'm so awkward. I'm not great at asking other people to take photos of me. It was funny though that they had a huge exhibit that was a replica of the oval office with Obama.




Sydney Tower Eye
One of the places where you can get a 360 view of the city.








Powerhouse Museum
I wasn't sure what to expect at first since this is a museum of applied arts and sciences. The exhibits seemed kind of random. There was a really cool and interactive Sherlock Holmes exhibit. Other exhibits included some about technology, space ships and space technology, and the top floor had one on the history of wedding dresses.

























Australian National Maritime Museum
This is also in the Darling harbor. Some parts are free and some parts you do have to pay for. I just went ahead to see the free areas of the exhibit.





Chinatown & Paddy's Market
I spent quite a bit of time here exploring. Lots of different Asian markets, restaurants, shops, boutiques, etc. I didn't take any pictures because I think I was too busy spending all my cash at Paddy's Market. I also went to the Capitol Theater and got the rush tickets to see Kinky Boots.

Bondi Beach
One of the most well known and iconic beaches in all of Australia, I think. I was surprised to see surfers out since it is winter after all. However, though it was cold in the morning, it got really hot in the afternoon. I almost did want to go in the water.




My time in Sydney was broken up into many parts since I kind of used Sydney as my home base. I landed in Sydney, spent a few days there, went to Brisbane, went back to Sydney, went to Melbourne, went back to Sydney, went to Canberra for a day trip, then the last of my days in Sydney. So with that, still more to come about Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment