September 18, 2017

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Honestly this is still from that same first day. I did a lot of walking and I actually got a blister. I began to walk down Church street into the Church and Wellesley Village. This is where they celebrate Toronto's annual Pride week and the Pride parade.





I ended my day over at Bloor-Yorkville, which reminded me a lot of Georgetown actually. More shopping, more restaurants, a large rock hill that people just sit on.







This is now on a different day but my first destination on the second day is the Bata Shoe Museum. I love shoes so a shoe museum is a must go. It has examples of ancient shoes from different parts of the world as well as the history of shoes and how shoes were part of the culture and fashion of the times.














Walking distance away is the Gardiner museum. This specifically showcases ceramics of every kind. For some reason all the ceramics that caught my eye were of dogs.

















One of the smaller museums I went to is the Textile Museum of Canada. It's a tiny building and the works are only featured on two floors. You do have to pay to get in but you can get a student discount!








A short walk down Dundas and you find yourself at the Art Gallery of Ontario. I think this one is the biggest and most well known art gallery in the city.






















From there I walked to Chinatown and the Kensington Market area. What surprised me are the many quirky shops and murals on many of the buildings.








It rained most of that second day which was why I used it for being indoors like going to museums. It stopped raining by the late afternoon but it was still cloudy like it was threatening to rain more. Still more to come on this Toronto trip!

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks cool! I need to go to Toronto next time. I have only been to Canada twice, just to visit family.

    http://sky-haven.nl

    ReplyDelete