July 20, 2013

ULTA Lip Crayon "Sweet Dreams"

Recently I went to Ulta to buy some lip products because that week, their lip and eye cosmetics were all on sale for $4 each. I always love when they have sales. I had bought one of their lip crayons before in the color "Valentine", which seems to be a discontinued color because I don't see it anymore in the stores or on the website. Now, this color "Sweet Dreams" does not look anything like what it does online. On the website, it clearly looks more like an orange coral color, way different from how it looks in real life. I can definitely understand why one of the biggest complains were "not true to color" and "poor color selection" because the color is just way off. That's something they really need to fix and one of the reasons I prefer to buy in person than online.


This lip crayon is a very shimmering light pink. It really is a beautiful color. I just love how light and pastel it is. I patted it with a tissue and it didn't really come off. I have to wipe it off for it to come off. I think it lasts quite well. Now, my biggest complaint is that it stinks. I mean it really smells, like a mixture of old lipstick and melted crayola crayons. It's so strong and it makes me cringe when I put it on. It's just so weird that it smells like that because my Ulta Lip Crayon "Valentine" does not have a smell. I bought that a while back though so they probably changed the formula. Another complaint online is that the product is very "drying" and it is. It offers no moisturizing element whatsoever.

As much as I love the color, the smell and the dryness deters me from buying the product again.


Well, this purchase was part of my Ulta pink purchase, as I would like to call it. I bought quite a few things in pink, which I will be reviewing. This has been part 2 of a 4 part series. Other items from the purchase include  the Ulta Super Shiny Lip Butter "LA", Ulta Contour Lip Liner "Rose", and Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer "Baby Doll".


No comments:

Post a Comment