July 16, 2013

ULTA Super Shiny Lip Butter "LA"

Ulta was having a deal for the week where all Ulta brand lip and eye cosmetics are marked down to $4 each. That's pretty cheap, in my opinion, and I love buying from Ulta because all my purchases get me points. I looked at what products they had online first and I found out about their Ulta Lip Butters. I had been wanting to try lip butters for a while because of positive reviews I've heard from other lip butters such as the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter. I wanted something light and pink for the summer so I decided to go with the color "LA".

Here is the description provided by the Ulta website:

This luxuriously smooth and buttery lip color delivers the shine of a gloss while providing the much desired benefits of your favorite sheer lipstick. The perfect match for on-the-go color and shine and superb staying power. Leave lips looking supple and sweet with one swipe of this buttery sensation! 
Formulated with Vitamin E and a blend of natural waxes to provide a creamy application that glides on effortlessly without any dragging or pulling on the lips. 
Does not contain: Talc, Parabens, Gluten, GMO, Phthalate, Formaldehyde

Online, the color looked very vibrant. Reviews online had also been very positive as a whole. Most people described the product as very moisturizing with an intense color. The negative comments about the product were that it did not last long and they had to constantly reapply to keep the color intense. Still, reviews were positive so I decided to go for it. After all, a decrease in price from the original $8 to $4 is quite significant.


My first impression on this product is that it is very soft, pretty much like softened butter. It feels really delicate and fragile. I didn't want to push the lip butter up too high because I feel like it would easily break. I mean this mixture is super soft. The good thing about it is that it glides very easily over your lips. Since it doesn't have that pointed shape like other lipsticks have, most likely unable to due to the fragility, it made it hard to apply on the outer areas of the lip without, kind of, coloring outside the lines. Although, because it is summer, I could see this easily melting from the summer heat and that would just be a huge pink mess.


However, they were not kidding about the color. This pink is definitely vibrant and intense. The picture above shows the color swatched on to my arm. Unfortunately, reviews were correct in that it did not last long. Above is me patting my lips with a tissue (and I emphasize patting, not wiping) and pretty much most of it came off. What was left on my lips was a dull pink with only a bit of the color remaining. So I'd say this product would pretty much come off with about anything you do with your lips. I do find it more moisturizing than lipsticks, but I would not say it is as moisturizing as my Vaseline Lip Balm or my Burt's Bees Lip Balm.


Well, this purchase was part of my Ulta pink purchase, as I would like to call it. I bought quite a few things in pink, which I will be reviewing. This has been part 1 of a 4 part series. Other items from the purchase include  the Ulta Lip Crayon "Sweet Dreams", Ulta Contour Lip Liner "Rose", and Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer "Baby Doll".


Side note: Today I leave for the Philippines and won't be back until August 16

2 comments:

  1. This is really, really nice - but melts easily? A mess? Meh... not my cup of tea. It's so pretty, though, thank you for the review! <3

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is so nice and vibrant but I would prefer something a little more solid. You're welcome :)

      Delete