September 9, 2013

Kimchi Bambi Grey


I was eager to get these lenses because they looked so beautiful. I had a hard time choosing between this one and the Princess Mimi Sesame Grey because they looked so similar. Well, since it was Christmas time and Uniqso was having such a good deal, I decided to get both. Then I can see for myself which one I liked better. Another lens kind of similar to this is Dolly Eye (EOS) Cookie Grey. The price per piece was $10.90, making a pair cost $21.80. The brand Kimchi is also known as SUNnBON or Vassen apparently. I had never heard of them before so I was a little apprehensive of getting these lenses at first but I decided I might as well try the brand.




Color&Design
Oh my gosh, these lenses are so pretty. I was a bit skeptical at first because the color looked so sheer in the vial and I didn't think it would show up nicely on dark eyes. I was wrong. These show up wonderfully on dark eyes and are definitely eye catching. I've had a lot more people compliment me about these lenses in public compared to my Princess Mimi sesame grey because they really do beg to be noticed. When I was thinking of purchasing these lenses, a lot of people told me that the golden brown part in the middle is a lot brighter and more noticeable than the princess mimi. I thought it would overpower the grey but it doesn't. Both colors are very noticeable. The top picture is in the daylight without flash while the bottom picture is with flash.



Enlargement
It is listed to be 16mm but I don't really believe that any lenses are 16mm. When I try to look up these lenses, I usually come across Vassen Bambi Queen Grey, which may or may not be the same thing but they do look the same in the pictures. Those lenses are listed as 14.5mm. The bottom picture is comparing the lens to GEO princess mimi sesame grey, which is 15mm. I do believe the two are the same diameter.



Comfort
These lenses are very comfortable. I can wear them all day without trouble at all. They have a much higher water content (55%) than most lenses I've tried. I've been told that these higher water contents are better for those with dryer eyes. I don't have dry eyes so I don't see much of a difference in the comfort than my other lenses. However, the golden rule of comfort for me is that if you can't feel them, then they are working correctly. I think if you can feel your lenses, there might be something wrong.




In my opinion, these lenses offer the best combination of vibrant color and enlargement. All lenses are usually comfortable for me but in many cases, vibrant color is sacrificed for enlargement and the most enlarging lenses usually don't have vibrant designs and colors. These are the most enlarging vibrant lenses I have tried and might just be my new favorite.


6 comments:

  1. Looks extremely dolly on you ^^
    I have a friend who loves these ones ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you :)
      Yeah, these lenses are definitely awesome.

      Delete
  2. woow that a good lens, thank you for sharing..

    ulimayang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. how do you put links like these in comments :)?

      Delete