December 6, 2013

Eskinol Gluta-Milk White Facial Scrub

This is part of my own little whitening challenge. Since I already have a whitening body bar, I need a whitening face wash too! I can't have my body significantly lighter than my face. After all, the goal is to even out all of my skin.


Anyway, I bought this face wash at Watson's. It's a Philippine brand. It claims to be dermatologist tested. This brand is the one that, for the people I've talked to at least, is the most recommended. People really say that this product and other products from this brand really work when it comes to whitening. My own mother likes this product too. So this was definitely something I wanted to try.



The texture of the product is a cream, but it is very condensed. A little bit on the fingers can go along way when you actually start to apply it on your face. It does have a smell to it although I can't quite pinpoint what it is. It doesn't smell bad but I wouldn't say it smells great either. The smell is not too subtle but not so overwhelming that it deters you from using it.



The primary use for this product is to whiten but it also removes dirt and excess oil. I have oily skin and this product is definitely great at removing oil. If anything, it is a little too harsh and actually caused some dry spots on my skin. So for those with normal or dry skin, I do not recommend using this product. In fact, when I use it and leave it on my face, certain areas such as the skin around my nose actually start to burn. So yes, this is a very harsh face wash. Although I did expect this from a Philippine whitening brand because a common complaint about products like these is that it is harsh and drying.

In terms of whitening, I do believe that it has been very effective in lightening my skin. I am not too surprised about this since the harshness most likely contributed to the quick effectiveness. My roommate sometimes jokes that it is burning my face to be white although that may not be too far from the truth. When my face returns to my base skin color, I think I will stop using this product for a while and give my face a break. It's definitely too harsh for me to use on a daily basis all the time, especially with the winter season contributing to the dryness.


No comments:

Post a Comment