December 18, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Romantic + Sweetheart


I was really looking for a balm stain because I wanted something that moisturized my lips as well as giving them a beautiful color. ULTA was having a deal on Revlon products where you buy one and get a second product for 50% off, not to mention I also had a coupon. These are originally $8.99 each but I ended up really only paying $5.91 each after all the discounts were put it. I'm always looking for deals!


I bought two colors, the red one is "Romantic" while the pink one is "Sweetheart." I always go for one red and one pink whenever I buy lip products. I think those are the best colors that suit me. Both products are shaped like a crayola crayon and they have a very minty smell that I personally really like. The application is very smooth. The product is very soft and creamy and applies easily, leaving a creamy finish with only a little bit of shine. The product does moisturize well but they don't feel as moisturizing as my Burt's bees lip balms. However, the color pay off on both of them is great!


The color sweetheart is a medium to dark pink color. There is nothing sheer about this pink. It is definitely noticeable. When the product is wiped off, quite a bit of pink color remains. Definitely long lasting.


Romantic is a more muted medium to dark red color. Interestingly, applies a lot more sheer than sweetheart. The color is really nice when applied thickly but when wiped off, no stain or color is noticeably left on the lips. A very interesting contrast to sweetheart. I wish it was much more opaque and longer lasting. This color needs frequent reapplications.

The products are really nice. I would buy sweetheart again and it has become my favorite pink lip color. I would not buy romantic again and would rather look for other more opaque balm stains.


No comments:

Post a Comment