December 24, 2013

ULTA Contour Lip Liner "Punch" + Automatic Lip Liner "Scarlet"


ULTA is always having a sale on their products and I love it. More savings for me! They were having a 3 for $9 sale on all their lip products. Punch is originally $7 while Scarlet is originally $8. Along with a coupon, I really only paid $2.40 for Punch and $2.75 for Scarlet. Great deal, don't you think?


Scarlet is a very bright red, almost orange in color. In fact, in incandescent lighting, it does look very bright orange. I was not expecting that at all. I wanted to try an automatic lip liner because the last pencil lip liner I got from ULTA was not very smooth and was a bit hard to apply. The application of this is so easy and it glides on great. The automatic lip liner selection at ULTA is not very large so this color was the brightest I could find that was close to a red color. Although since this was brighter than I expected, those other darker colors might be brighter in reality too.


Although I had my doubts on this darker pinkish pencil lip liner, I have to say that I really love it. ULTA must have changed its formula or something because this is much easier to apply than the last lip liner I bought [x]. It is very smooth and applies on so easily. The color is so pretty and works really well with making my lips appear larger as well as blending well with my other lip products. At the bottom picture, I have it on with my Revlon balm stain.


I really did like both products but Scarlet is way too bright for me and was not quite the color I was looking for. It would go great with very bright red lips but I do like slightly darker and more muted red lips. I was not expecting much from Punch but I did end up liking that one better. I would buy Punch again but as for the automatic lip liner, I love the product but I might try to find a darker red color.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! What is the name of the nude pink/brown lip pencil you're wearing in the last pic? I love it

    ReplyDelete