December 12, 2013

Pond's Age Miracle Cell Regen Day Cream

This is one of the few things I got from the Philippines that doesn't have a whitening aspect to it. Anyway, I'm getting older so it's important for me to not look like I'm getting older. Just recently have I started using anti-aging products. My thinking is the earlier you start, the better. I'm not a dermatologist so I can't back up that claim but I don't think there will be any negative effects from using anti-aging products early. Magazines say you should definitely start using anti-aging in your 30s, but I just decided to start earlier while in my 20s.


"The Pond's Institute has identified 6 vital bio-actives and created the Intelligent Pro-Cell Complex for Pond's Age Miracle. It helps skin cells to regenerate faster, age simply cannot catch up. Clinically Proven. Dermatologist Tested."

"This luxurious Day Cream helps regenerate skin faster and is intelligently created to target fine lines, wrinkles and age spots for exceptionally smooth and bouncy skin. Unlock your youth potential. Make them guess your real age"





I got this from a Watson's and I'm sure you can get it at any Watson's anywhere. I do like that it is SPF 15 so it does provide a bit of sun protection, even if it is just a low one. This is made for normal/dry skin so I do hope it doesn't make my skin feel too oily. As for the claims, I don't know what the 6 vital bio-actives are exactly and how effective they are with anti-aging. One of the ingredients is retinol, which seems to be the a big thing with the anti-aging industry as I've observed from commercials and advertisements.


This size of this product was a lot smaller than I expected it to be. It does have a slight smell to it but I wouldn't call it all that fragrant. It smells a bit weird. The cream itself has a bit of a pinkish hue. When applied, it does go on quite thick. Although this is a day cream, I wouldn't dare use this if I was going outside in public. It leaves a very noticeable white layer on your skin. It almost looks like I'm wearing a cheap foundation that is too light for my skin tone. It doesn't look good at all. I'm thinking that since this is a Filipino brand, that effect is probably intentional because Filipinos like to be lighter. For me, I don't like it because it is just really unnatural.




The product itself is very thick and extremely hydrating. If you have dry skin, this product might be great for you. I have oily skin and after a while, I really notice how oily and heavy my face becomes. It is actually quite gross because if I wiped my finger on my skin, it leaves a very oily residue on my finger. With the odd whiteness and the oiliness combined, I have not used this as a day cream. Instead I use it as a night cream because I don't notice the oiliness so much when I sleep. In the morning, my skin is extremely hydrated and looks great. I just simple wash off my face with water to get that weird white residue off and wash off any oiliness. Although hydrating, it hasn't caused me to break out. I do feel like my skin is healthier and looks better when using this product. However, because of the cons, I wouldn't buy this again. I'm sure there are other products out there that won't give me that weird white residue.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice cream for dry skin, all the creams from PONDS are to much for my skin because I have oily skin too. Thanks for your honest review!
    xx

    I want invite you to Join to my SammyDress Christmas Giveaway! For win a Dress, Cardigan or Blazer~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried other ponds products but from what you're saying, I guess I should avoid the brand altogether if they don't work well with oily skin.

      Delete