June 22, 2013

Barbie Diamond 3 tone Grey


I got these lenses because Uniqso was having a deal where per piece was only $4.90, making a pair only $9.80! That was too good of a deal to pass up. I just had to buy these. Plus, I had a pretty good experience with the Barbie brand before so I didn't really have any hesitations in getting these lenses.


The normal price per piece is $7.90, making a pair cost $15.80, which still isn't bad. That's a lot less expensive than most other lenses. The brand Barbie is part of the better known brand Dueba, which sells a lot of other lenses.




Design & Color
The design is very cool and eye catching. It definitely makes your eyes sparkle. There are hints of red and black but I don't really see much of the gray. This is not a lens that is made to look natural. It is very unnatural in terms of the design and the red accents. It is something people will definitely notice.


Enlargement
They seem larger than the barbie puffy 3 tone series I have tried mostly because the lenses are darker, making them look more enlarging. These lenses boast a 16.5mm diameter with a 17.5mm effect. However, I wouldn't at all believe that they are that large. I would say they are about as enlarging as some 14.8mm and 15mm lenses that I have tried before. In dark environments, it looks like the lenses are black and therefore gives you an eerie dolly eyed look.


Comfort
Like all the other Barbie brands I have tried, these lenses are super comfortable. I can wear them all day long and I don't even notice them in. Honestly, I think that if that isn't how your lens feel to you, then they might have something wrong with them. But yes, barely noticeable. It doesn't move or shift around to block my vision or anything.




A similar lens that I wouldn't mind trying is the Dolly Eye (EOS) Ariale Grey. Another lens that is quite similar to these in design also is the GEO Xtra WTB35 Grey or Diamond Grey. I took a chance on these lenses because they were on sale and although they are really nice, I prefer more natural looking designs. These lenses are great but I wouldn't buy them again.

9 comments:

  1. i prefer more natural ones, too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a big enlargement!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is quite enlarging. I really love that aspect about it.

      Delete
  3. I like natural looking designs as well, these look too dramatic for me! ;n;

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this design definitely isn't for everyone. Definitely not the best for being in public too, I think. It might shock some people.

      Delete
  4. Wow, these really make your eyes pop! I guess these would make a really striking statement in a theme party, aye!
    Also, I'd just like to let you know that I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! It would be wonderful if you could have a look on my blog via the link below! :)
    Much Love, Minni xx
    http://minnisbeautyjourney.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      These lenses definitely will catch a glance from everyone.

      Delete
  5. i really don't see anything wrong with the lens they are so freaking cute and am going too buy some for me

    ReplyDelete