June 10, 2013

"Flurry Up" top Coat Sephora by OPI & NYC "Matte Me Crazy" Mattifying Top Coat

I really loved my "Only Gold for Me" Top Coat from Sephora by OPI that I just had to have the silver version of it to match my silver nails. I had bought a cheapo dollar store version but obviously that just could not compare at all. So when I had the money, I went to my local Sephora store and bought myself the silver version, which is "Flurry Up". I had been reluctant to buy it before because one bottle costs $9.50, which in my perspective is pretty expensive for a single bottle of nail polish. However, the "Only Gold for Me" was just one of my favorites and other top coats just didn't compare so I dished out the money.


I am so happy I bought this. The nail polish has both big and little flakes in it. Now, I do put another clear coat on top of the top coat usually because the flakes can feel a little rough. However, that top coat stays like no other. Seriously, trying to take it off with nail polish remover is a workout. I remember I was at the mall and one of the guys in charge of this kiosk was taking out the nail polish in one of my nails to use the product he is selling on it. I could tell her was getting frustrated because it just would not come off, though he tried not to show it. It's good because it lasts long and it's durable but it sucks when you are trying to take it off. This top coat needs serious professional nail polish remover to come off easily. Well, now my gold top coat has his silver version to keep him company.


The next nail polish I bought is a polish that leaves a matte finish over any polish it's on. I have been seeing matte nails a lot lately and I really want to try it out. With all things I try for the first time, I go for the cheap version and decide from there if it is worth getting the more expensive versions.


This is "Matte me Crazy" Mattifying Top Coat but NYC that I bought at Walmart for $1.79, which is cheaper than many other matte top coats I have seen in ULTA or Sephora. I do love it and it works great with making nail polish matte. The brush is a wider brush than other nail polishes and I thought it made it so much easier to apply. If ever I do run out, though I probably won't since it takes me forever to use up nail polishes  I would definitely buy this again. The result along with the price is pretty unbeatable, in my opinion.


Used these two along with my China Glaze "White on White". My mother commented that the matte white looks like white out. The matte over glitter/shimmer polish gives it a dull shine. It looks like a really interesting texture although the feel of the nail is quite smooth. I will definitely be enjoying doing my nails this whole summer. I should because when school starts, I can't wear nail polish anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment