June 4, 2013

Lorac Pro Palette & Mini Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

I finally had enough money to buy myself an expensive neutral palette so I can replace that cheap ELF palette I had. I mean, ELF was okay but I wanted something better. I had been thinking of getting the Urban Decay Naked palette but I couldn't really choose between Naked 1 or Naked 2. I liked colors from both palettes and I had wished that I could take those colors and make them one palette. I sought advice from a certain someone and she recommended to me the Lorac Pro Palette if I had wanted something that was a combination of the two Naked Palettes. I looked it up, liked what I saw, and bought one at my local ULTA store.




The palette is much smaller than it looks. It was much smaller than I expected it to be, at least, when I first went to ULTA to check it out. However, I would say it was about the same size as the Naked Palettes, maybe just a bit smaller. I bought this for $42 and it came with a mini Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, which was a plus for me. Unlike the Naked palettes, it does not come with a brush.



There are 16 colors total. The top 8 are matte while the bottom 8 are shimmer. I loved that it has so many matte colors because I feel like the Naked Palettes were mostly shimmer. I love how it has such a wide spectrum of neutral colors, especially the pure white and pure black matte colors. Those colors were one of the reasons I bought this palette.



The colors have great pigmentation, which I love. The colors are so very pretty and show up wonderfully on my skin. I was not used to how pigmented it was (because my old ELF one was not very pigmented and I had to apply a lot more to get some color) and put too much on my face at first.


It came with this adorable Mini Behind the Scenes primer. It's a very small bottle and I don't think it will last very long if you use makeup constantly. I love the consistency of it and it goes on so smoothly on my skin. It is very sheer so you don't really notice that you have it on. I really like it.



I truly enjoy using this palette. The colors are so wonderful. In the top picture, I'm using the matte colors white, taupe, and espresso. In the bottom picture, I am using the shimmer colors champagne, gold, and pewter. I really love this palette and it just has such a good range of colors. I can make a lot of neutral looks with this.


4 comments:

  1. Oh really cute palette sweetie!
    I love it your makeup!
    this brand is new to me Lorac!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Lorac is a pretty well known brand here.
      They have their line in popular stores like Sephora and Ulta.

      Delete