June 13, 2013

SOHO Beauty Sponge

So I have been seeing a lot of people using the Beauty Blender and they rave about it and say it's awesome. When I went to Sephora, I saw the beauty blender and it is so much smaller than I thought it would be. I mean, it's pretty tiny but it cost $19.95. I don't put on foundation or anything on a regular basis so for me, it is just too expensive for something I won't really use a lot. I decided to go for a cheaper alternative.


For my cheaper alternative, I go to stores like Ulta, Target, or Walmart. This particular product, the Beauty Sponge by SOHO, was from Walmart. It cost me $4.92 or something like that. I can't remember the exact price but it is under $5, which is way cheaper than the beauty blender. That for me is a good plus and it is latex free. Although I'm not allergic to latex at the moment, it is said that repeated exposure to latex can increase the risk of development of a latex allergy. So I might not have it now, but I could still develop it in the future. Might as well try decreasing my risk.


In my opinion, though I have not put the two products next to each other for comparison, this product is longer in length than the beauty blender but they seem about the same in width/circumference at the widest part. It has a much more different shape than the beauty blender but it still works for me. The product is much denser than other foundation sponges I have used, which I see as a pro. It has the density almost like a stress ball, just a little less dense. It has a lot of usable surface area and I like that.

Another cheaper alternative to the beauty blender that has a shape that is more similar is the Super Blender Sponge by ULTA. The site says it costs $4.99 so I may get that as well sometime in the near future. In the meantime. I can throw out my old makeup sponges because I like the quality of this sponge a lot better.


1 comment: