February 13, 2013

Fake Gauges & Cartilage Cuff

I love the look of the white bone gauges ever since a friend of mine was showing me the ones that she had a while back. I thought they were so beautiful. Most people I saw with gauges had the plastic ones and that didn't appeal to me but the bone and wood ones she was showing me were just gorgeous. I kind of wanted them but having a large gaping hole in my ear didn't really appeal to me. When I found out you could fake it, I was totally sold.


These are made of white bone. The tiny part for your ear are actually a little bit bigger than a normal earring but it's not overly huge. I bought this from ebay. I don't remember how much it is and who the seller is. I bought this a while ago but I still love it.

Another type of accessory I like is the ear cuff thing. I had thought before of getting a cartilage piercing but then I'd have to clean it and care for it for a while and if I forget to wear the earring, it can quickly close up. That's just a lot of hassle. So I figured I could fake that too.


I bought this on ebay. I don't remember who the seller is and how much I bought this for. I do remember that it did not come as a pair. I had to buy two of them to make a pair and I remember it wasn't as cheap as I had hoped it could be. It's very pretty. At first, it was a little big. I had to get some pliers and squeeze it a bit to make it smaller for my, I guess skinny, ear.


I like to wear them together when my hair is tied back or up in a ponytail. After all, they deserve to be seen :)


2 comments:

  1. hello! i just started following your blog. i used to wear earring cuff things too back in high school though. haha and then sometime in high school i decided to pierce my own ears. hope to keep in touch~

    xoxo Sarah
    www.xliciousgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for following. Yeah, I always wished I had pierced my ears when I was younger when I had more time for the upkeep and maintenance.

      Delete