January 17, 2013

Jerdon Lighted Makeup Mirror


Let me start with this: I have terrible eyesight. So I really need good lighting for me to be able to do my makeup. I usually do my makeup in the bathroom but nothing beats doing makeup with sunlight. The overhead bathroom lights cast shadows from my hair that make it hard to see my face. I'm so blind. So with my Christmas money, I really wanted to buy something to help with that.

I browsed Amazon and found this item for $14.99. It was the cheapest of all the ones I saw and the only one with a replaceable bulb. I wasn't sure how I would fix any of the other ones if the light stopped working. It was available for prime shipping (since I have Amazon prime and it's really great) and the extra light bulbs, which cost $6 for a pack of two, were available as add ons for prime shipping.



So I read reviews of this and a lot of the lower rated reviews say that this mirror isn't bright enough. I honestly have no idea what they are talking about! Turning it on was like putting the sun in my face. I was blinded. I swear, having my face near the mirror was tanning. The light from the bulbs emitted quite a bit of heat. I might take out two of the bulbs so it wouldn't feel so hot. But it is definitely bright enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment