January 26, 2013

Hello Kitty Hat

I had been browsing online for a cute Hello Kitty beret but didn't find one I liked. I was looking for something to replace my lost grey Urban Outfitters beret with a black bow. I was so sad I lost that hat. That was my favorite hat. I honestly have no idea where it could have gone to. Mourning my beret loss, I went to look for a replacement. I did not want to buy another one because I paid about $30 for that beret and I didn't have the money to get another one, nor was I willing to spend so much money again for a single item. So I go look to where I always look: Ebay and Amazon.

I did see some nice ones but none of them had the cute white beret with red bow combination that I wanted. And the ones I found were quite pricey still. I just decided to create my own. So I bought a white beret and a red bow.


White Beret
Purchased from: ebay
Seller: 424729090
Price: $2.35 + free shipping

Red Satin Bow
Purchased from: ebay
Seller: emilygong1983
Price: $2.50 + free shipping

I was expecting the bow to be smaller, actually. I was pleasantly surprised about how large they were, in a good way.  It really made it worth my money to pay so much, in my opinion, for a single ribbon. It is an alligator clip type ribbon and I just put it through some of the holes in the knit to attach it.



So total purchase price for this hat is $4.85. Very cheap and it still looks good. It's worth it if you are willing to wait the 2-3 weeks it takes for the ebay items to arrive. If you have the patience, cheap things will be no problem to find.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I was looking for berets the other day, its autumn atm.. I might try this~ Maybe a different coloured beret & bow

    ReplyDelete
  2. The berets and bows come in a lot of different colors on ebay. I'm sure you can find a combination you will like there.

    ReplyDelete